Time for a quick Samuel update:

Samuel had his Joy School graduation in June. This was Samuel's second Year of Joy School. We had an all boy group and they were a lot of fun to teach. I really love the Joy School program!


I did have to post one picture from our family vacation. My brother Brady bet Samuel $10 that he couldn't eat this HUGE piece of pizza (this after Samuel had already eaten one fairly decent size of pizza). Well, Brady didn't understand that Samuel loves to make money. We all watched and laughed as Samuel finished every bite of that huge slice and then was so excited to collect his money.

And tonight I took Samuel to the store with me so he could buy a Bakugan with his money he collected from my brother. He has been wanting one for so long, but the kids have so many toys that we told him he needed to earn the money and buy it himself. He was so excited to give the lady at Wal-Mart his money and then he was even more excited when he got his very own receipt.

Samuel had his Joy School graduation in June. This was Samuel's second Year of Joy School. We had an all boy group and they were a lot of fun to teach. I really love the Joy School program!


I did have to post one picture from our family vacation. My brother Brady bet Samuel $10 that he couldn't eat this HUGE piece of pizza (this after Samuel had already eaten one fairly decent size of pizza). Well, Brady didn't understand that Samuel loves to make money. We all watched and laughed as Samuel finished every bite of that huge slice and then was so excited to collect his money.

And tonight I took Samuel to the store with me so he could buy a Bakugan with his money he collected from my brother. He has been wanting one for so long, but the kids have so many toys that we told him he needed to earn the money and buy it himself. He was so excited to give the lady at Wal-Mart his money and then he was even more excited when he got his very own receipt.
We have been brainstorming about what to do with our kids as far as money and jobs. Samuel has been begging us for awhile now to get a job chart so he can work and earn money. I think we've finally come up with a system that will work for our family. We have decided that there are certain responsibilities and jobs that each kid needs to do just because they are a part of the family and then if they want to earn money they can do extra tasks. I'm sure we'll be tweaking the system as we go along, but Chuck and I both feel good about implementing this idea in our family.
Bella made this door hanger for Chuck in primary. Samuel was looking at the sign and made us laugh when he said, "If your the #1 dad, then who's dad is the #2 and #3 dad?". Then today he told Chuck that Grandpa Clayton and Grandpa Paul are both number zero and that is better than #1 since zero comes before 1. He just makes me laugh with all his heavy thinking!



1 comments:
Funny stories. I love the poop story. Maybe he needs a box of magazines by the toilet at home (that is were I put the hunting magazines for Brady). I wish Brady would give me $10 for eating 2 pieces of pizza. We do the chore chart too. We have responsibilities which don't count (like cleaning up after yourself after you play and clearing your dishes after mealtimes) and chores that do count. I let them count making there bed because that's not always easy for a 5 year old (it is for the 8, but it's not fair to count for 1 and not for the other). Each chart has about 15-20 boxes for chores and they mark them off. When they fill a chart, they get $1 (I know I'm cheap, but I'm going to get away with it while I can be). Last year I let Kayla mark a box for getting 100% on a test (incentive to do her best and check over her work). Like you said, it continues to evolve over time and you have to be different for each kid.
Audrey
Post a Comment