Sunday, July 11, 2010

Isaac Update


Our Isaac is definitely going through the terrible 2 stage. Most days he is mad at someone or everyone is mad at him - the fact that he hits, scratches and throws objects doesn't really go over well with the other kids. But he is very good with Jenna and we sure do love the kid!


Isaac has the widest feet. I have to buy his shoes way to big just so they will be wide enough to get them on.
(As a side note: Isaac is on my dad's old Chevelle that he drove in High School. I remember when I was younger and my dad had this car running for a little bit. I remember him driving like a crazy man around our property going so fast with rocks and dirt flying. We thought it was cool that he could shift without letting off the gas. My aunt told my uncle he couldn't ride around with my dad because he drove to wild. I would loved to have seen my dad with his long hippie hair racing this car in his younger years!)


Isaac is in the "I do it myself" stage. He won't let me help him with much. He wants to get himself dressed, put on his own straps in the car seat and fill up his cup. The only problem with the cup is that I now have water all over my floor most days. I try to remember to lock the fridge so he isn't constantly feeling up cups and dumping them out, but then one of the other kids unlocks it.

And the problem with wet concrete - it's slick!


Isaac is also going through a stage where he is scared of a lot of things. These two pictures are from our vacation and he is crying in both of them. We went to this great fishing pond and caught so many fish. The only problem - Isaac was scared of the fish! This is the first fish Samuel caught. Samuel flung it up onto the rocks and Isaac took of running and screaming Shark, Shark! I wished I would have got a video of the episode because it was really quite funny!

This is us at Lagoon and again Isaac is crying because he was afraid of the Merry-go-round. He was trying to fling himself off the horse and I was trying to get him to sit back up so I could get the strap off. It took Trina and I both to finally get him out of the strap. This was the first ride of the day and I was sure he wasn't going to go on any other rides, but this was the only one he hated.
Love this "little" guy terrible 2 stage and all!!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that top picture!!!