Monday, July 19, 2010

Hot & Sweaty Hiking

(Before I post these scrapbook pages I delete the text so that's why there will be blank boxes on some of these pages just in case anyone is wondering.)



It's been blazing hot here so we decided to try and find a place that was a little cooler and do some hiking. Chuck has wanted to try this trail for awhile now so we thought this past weekend would be a great time to give it a try.

When we got to the trail head Chuck climbed out of the car and said, “It’s cooler, probably only in the 90’s so let’s go”. Boy how your perspective changes when it gets really hot!

The hike was very green with low scrub brush covering most of the trail (just look at Bella in the above picture - I could barely see her head through the bushes on the trail). Chuck was carrying Jenna and had to help Isaac along because the brush in some places was so tall. Isaac kept exclaiming, “I did it!” as he climbed over every hard spot. Bella is our little mountain goat and was scampering along very quickly. I had to holler at her several times to wait for everyone else to catch up. The 90’s were a lot cooler, but we were still plenty warm on the hike. Samuel and Isaac get sweaty very easily so they were dripping large drops of sweat and Isaac’s face was bright red (he always gets bright rosy checks when he's hot).


The kids are really great hikers and we were hoping we would make it to the river, but decided upon reaching the ridge to turn back. Later we stopped by the road and let the kids play in the river. It was cool and refreshing to sit next to the water. The river was freezing so the kids barely got their toes wet.

0 comments: