Saturday morning I opened the door and saw this guy hanging out. The funny thing was Chuck and the kids had all gone out several minutes before I did and none of them saw it sitting there - How do you miss a SCORPION! Luckily it was dead and outside the house this time.
This is the 5th scorpion we've found at our house - 3 inside and 2 outside. Several weeks ago I was in bed reading and saw something scurry across the bedroom floor and take cover under our bed. I hollered at Chuck that he needed to find whatever it was that had ran across the floor. He casually looked under the bed with a flashlight and said he couldn't see anything. He thought it was probably just a cockroach. I knew it was NOT a cockroach and insisted he find whatever it was. Why - because I get up several times a night in the dark to feed a baby and I don't like the thought of who knows what kind of bug lurking in the dark. So reluctantly he kept looking and pulling out various things under the bed all the time he was sure I was just over reacting. Then he spotted it - a baby SCORPION! I was relieved but couldn't help but think are there other babies lurking in the shadows, where is the mom to this creature? Needless to say a scorpion is not a good thing to find just before you drift off for the night. I had all sorts of crazy dreams about bugs all night long.


2 comments:
I was once stung by a baby scorpion in our back yard, they hurt SO dang bad! Glad you found it!!!!
There is no picture? I guess I'm glad. Scorpions gross me out. Good thing Chuck found it.
Audrey
Post a Comment