
I'm having one of those evenings when I just really want to cry. I took Samuel with me shopping for groceries tonight and then for an ice cream. We had such a delightful evening! He even made standing in line for a 1/2 hour at Wal Mart behind nightmare coupon lady not so bad.
Somehow this little guy that used to scream at the top of his lungs in the store, try to pull things off the shelves, insist on helping push the cart so he could see the wheels go round and throw big fits when he didn't get want he wanted has turned into such an amazing kid. We talked and talked because he always has a million questions about everything, we laughed (especially when he loundly exclaimed after picking up a package of goodies, "Are you even kidding me - this is only $1), we held hands as we walked across the parking lot. Then when we got home and I tucked him into bed and kneeled beside him as he said his prayers I had to hold the tears back. Tears of joy, tears of sadness - he's starting Kindergarten next week and I've been feeling heartache for months just thinking about it, tears only a mother can shed as she sees her baby growing and becoming such a great kid.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Tears
Posted by amber at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
He is such a sweet little guy! Good luck with Kindergarten! You'll both do great!
It's so fun to have those one on one moments with your kids. It's when you realize they are turning out great. Kayla and I have had a few of those moments lately and they have been so precious. IT has reminded me to have more of those one on one moments away from everyone else because she mentioned how much she loved being with just mom.
Kindergarten is a big step- but he'll only be gone a few hours. You'll be surprised at how fast the day goes by and then when they are home, you cherish those times more than before. Be glad he's not leaving for a mission- just kindergarten. We have these little stepping stones that prepare use for bigger stones along their life so we can seperate with them when they are grown. Life is a journey with many mountains in the way- good thing they are mostly small hills in the beginning. Does he start Tuesday? I'll be thinking of you.
Audrey
Post a Comment