Do you ever have one of those days where you're just sure poking an eye out would be less painful than dealing with the crisis at hand? To be honest, the whole day wasn't like that. In fact we had some really good things happen today.
Let me just preface this story by saying that I started out the morning taking Jenna to her 6 month well child check and she had to get shots. Never a pleasant thing for a mom to have to do! Consequently she was not feeling all that well throughout the rest of the day.
We've had to make a few adjustments in our seating arrangement in the Pilot. Isaac is now in the very back where he can no longer spit, hit or scratch people. Sounds like a wonderful plan until you take into consideration that I have to climb in the very back every time we go somewhere so I can strap him in the carseat. And he doesn't go in easily!
Today I'm loading up all the kids to take Samuel to Karate and I decided that I would let Bella sit in the back because I didn't really feel like wrestling with Isaac. Poor Jenna was so tired and not feeling well - now thinking about it I just shouldn't have tried to take Samuel to Karate today! Jenna would have fallen asleep on the drive, but Isaac was sitting next to her and despite all my threats kept touching and bugging her. For some reason, I then thought it was a good idea to tell Samuel who was sitting right next to Isaac that if he touched the baby again to grab his arm. So I ended up with both Jenna and Isaac screaming most of the ride to Karate.
So I Get to Karate - most days it's not to bad to entertain the 3 other kids while Samuel's taking his lesson, but today was not going my way. Jenna screamed if I wasn't walking around holding her. Bella was taking paper away from Isaac and making him scream. You get the picture. We had a lot of screaming taking place. I felt like I was getting to the end of my usually long rope!
Then Karate's over - I decide Isaac now needs to sit in the back. I crawl in the back to try and get him in his seat and today was blazing hot. He's trying to get away from me, he's arching, he's screaming, he's twisting and I'm in the parking lot trying not to look like the crazy mom in the back of her car wrestling a 2 year old! And did I mention it's Blazing Hot!! Somehow I FINALLY manage to get him strapped in and we're off. I really needed to make a stop at the grocery store, but there's NO WAY I'm unloading everyone again.
Now Bella's bugging poor Jenna who again is trying to sleep - more crying from the baby. Isaac's still fuming mad in the back and letting his voice be heard. It's at this point I call Chuck and tell him we're getting another vehicle, I can't take this madness any more! Then Samuel starts hollering that Bella's bleeding. Sure enough I look back and she has a bloody nose and blood is running everywhere. I hand her the only thing within my reach - a diaper and tell her to cover her nose with that.
Things are under control again, but Chuck's not going to be home for dinner. I had to feed the baby and when I was done I come out to see that Isaac's been throwing his food at Samuel and there's rice everywhere. But one small miracle - I see Chuck pulling in the driveway - much earlier than expected - Hallelujah!!!
Chuck and I both have meetings at the church at 7:00. I'm done with my meeting and Chuck comes out to help me load the kids. Of course Isaac doesn't want to get in his seat so now Chuck is in his shirt and tie wrestling Isaac in the back of the Pilot and it's still Blazing Hot. And for some reason I feel very satisfied watching him have to deal with this problem! Then I get the kids home and Isaac won't get out of his carseat. I can't leave him in the car because it's Blazing Hot so I end up having to wrestle the kid to get him out of the car!
I've NEVER thought I could drive a mini-van. I know they're convenient, I know it would make my life easier, I know lots of moms love them, but it's just NOT me. I LOVE driving my little red jeep with the top off! When you become a mom you surrender so many things and I feel like this is the one thing I just can't do, but I have to admit it's sure looking good these days!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
One of THOSE Days!
Posted by amber at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amber, geez what a rough day! I have had similar days, but I have one less kid! And I agree on the mini van. I just can't bring myself to get one, but when all three kids are poking each other and crying and screaming and trying to share the dvd player in our CRV, I also think it doesn't sound too bad ha ha ha
My poke my eye out day (also yesterday) ended at the InstaCare, at least your didnt end the same way ;-)
Thanks for the good input last night. I sent an email to Lori asking her to get the table clothes and bring them to your house. I also have lots of newspaper too.
Post a Comment