
The other day I was holding Jenna and Bella was bouncing all around and laughing. Jenna was following her every move with the biggest smile on her little face. I told Bella that one day she and Jenna could be best friends and she was so excited as she leaned down close to little Jenna and said, "Yes, we'll be best friends!".

My sweet little Jenna rolled over a couple of days ago and a couple of weeks ago she began to laugh. Why is it with the first baby I was so excited for every new accomplishment and just couldn't wait until he could do something new. Now I just want my baby to stay this way and those same accomplishments invoke very different feelings for me. I told Chuck how excited the kids were to watch Jenna roll over, but how it made me a little sad. Chuck just looked at me and said, "We're not having another baby!"

Love that little squinty smile. My kids get the biggest cheeks and they just swallow up their eyes when they smile.
My Bella girl on Sundays

My Bella girl at Samuel's last soccer game tonight. We compromised on this outfit because she really wanted to wear a princess costume to the game. Instead she wore the Cinderella headband and her Strawberry Shortcake boots.
I just had to write down this conversation Bella had with Chuck tonight after our evening prayer. Bella in her prayer said she was thankful for mermaids, fish and puppies.
Chuck after Bella's prayer: I'm grateful for all those things too
Samuel: Yeah, but you can't be grateful for mermaids because they're not real.
Chuck: You're right mermaids aren't real.
Bella (approaching tears): Mermaids are too real Dad! They just live in the water!
Chuck: Actually Bella mermaids aren't real.
Bella (now even closer to crying and very upset): Yes they are Dad! They live in the water!
It was at this point I just wanted Chuck to give in and let Bella think mermaids are real. I mean do we really have to crush her imagination. But Chuck handled it well by asking Bella if she had ever seen a mermaid and then telling her he hadn't either so they could just hope that maybe mermaids were real. Samuel then told Bella maybe mermaids were once real like when it was 1966. This at least satisfied Bella and kept her from a complete melt down! She has the best imagination and is so creative.



4 comments:
Aww. I remember crushing Auri's childhood when I told her mermaids weren't real. Sad day.
Your girls are both so beautiful! I love that Little orange dress! So pretty!!!
mermaids aren't real? I'd beg to differ I watched a great documentary called 'The Little Mermaid' and I'm quite sure that Ariel was real!
I feel the same way about baby accomplishment, I dread my children getting older, I just want them to stay how they are, happy and young!
Mermaids are real!! There is a restraunt here called Mermaids and there are mermaids painted all over the walls. Kayla just barely gave into the fact that fairies aren't real- see you have to say some things are real if you want them to believe the tooth fairy is real. Kayla thought fairies were real because she has lost teeth and the tooth fairy came. She's recently found out the "truth" about that one.
Audrey
Amber, those little girls are just beautiful. I think you have to go along with you childs fantasies or they grow up not believing in anyting. Pretty soon, they won't even believe in Santa and that makes me very sad. I hated that when my daughter and grandkids stopped believing in Santa. So let little Bella believe in Mermaids as long as you can.
Post a Comment