
We had an early birthday celebration for Isaac over Easter Weekend while my family was in town.

This is officially the ugliest cake I have ever made!
It's supposed to be a dragon. I wasn't going to make a cake until his actual birthday because I was a little burnt out from making Samuel's birthday cake just a few days before. Then I got feeling guilty after I talked to my mom and told her I wasn't making a cake for the birthday party so I decided I would just throw something quick together. As I got going on this cake I realized this was going to be a hard one to salvage. I kept asking every one, "do you think this looks alright" hoping someone would say yeah it's great, but Chuck let me know it really was as ugly as I thought. Trina and my mom both said, "oh it looks fine" - key word for it's ugly. But Isaac actually really did think it was great so that's all that matters!!

Since the theme of the birthday was dragons my parents took the kids to see the new movie How To Train Your Dragon. Samuel said the movie was really loud and scary, but they all liked it. My mom also got Isaac a little walking dinosaur (we called it a dragon) for his birthday gift. When he pushed the button and it started to move and growl he quickly climbed off the chair and was trying to get away. Eventually he warmed up to it and now we can't wait for the batteries to die!



3 comments:
I like the dragon cake!!! =D Happy birthday to Isaac! I can't believe he's two already!!
I think you're being too critical on yourself- It's a dragon cake!! I love it and think you did an awesome job. Happy Birthday to Issac- next week! You're mom sure has a lot of birthdays to keep track of in the spring.
Audrey
okay I'll be honest I was laughing at your cake...and not because it was ugly...just because I love that you say it's ugly...you always crack me up!
Post a Comment