Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Activities

I love making holiday treats with the kids. I guess it's because I love almost any kind of treat and this just gives me an excuse to make something fun and tasty! I decided we would make the rice ball recipe and squish it into the bunny cake pan mold (my mom always makes rice balls and I haven't heard of anyone else that makes this crazy treat).

The kids love treats as much as I do. They were busy scraping out the bowl while I was trying to mold the bunny.

The finished product. I thought this turned out so adorable I didn't actually want to eat it. In fact I just let the kids have the left overs out of the bowl and then we saved the bunny for a few days before I let them dig in and eat it. Before then, Isaac pulled off the nose and ate it while Bella just decided to lick one of the eyes.

Coloring Eggs

On Friday night we colored eggs. My mom, dad, sister and her family were staying with us. Coloring eggs with this many young kids was crazy, but fun. Samuel, however, was really upset that Isaac dropped two colored tablets into one container - especially since it involved his favorite colors of blue and green.





Gingerbread Easter House

My mom bought this Easter gingerbread house for the kids while she was here, but we didn't get around to decorating before Easter. We actually did this for our family home evening activity the day after Easter. The kids didn't care, they just loved decorating the house and eating a few of the candies in the process.



I finally threw the house away twice today. I threw it away once and then had to throw it away again because Isaac spotted it in the garbage and retrieved it. I should have taken another picture of it after a week of the kids prying the candy off!

4 comments:

Linz said...

So cute! I love that rice bunny!!

fourballerinas said...

Cute bunny! I need that rice ball recipe. Can you believe Brady and I have been married 12 years and I've never made them- or even had the recipe? We love those rice balls too- even though we usually only get them once a year.

Kristin said...

rice balls? perhaps you should post the recipe on your next post!

I think everyone bought the eater egg kit with the sticker faces...we did. I saw that Robyn posted with the same set. Must have been popular..or cheap ;-)

Carole said...

Amber, it must be a family thing. My daughter makes them for every holiday. I love them but they are soooooo rich. Love, Carole