I did it - I took all four kids to the grocery store tonight and survived!
I only had to pick up a few items, the main one being ice cream to celebrate Isaac's birthday, so I wasn't in the store for very long. We've got the holding hands and forming a line to cross parking lots down pat. I hold the carseat with the baby on one arm then I hold onto Bella's hand, who holds on to Isaac's hand, who holds onto Samuel's hand. The only slight mishap was when I was trying to hoist the carseat into the cart and Bella and Isaac stood on the same side of the cart and it began to tip. Luckily I was able to avert that crisis. I must admit we did look like circus clowns with the baby in the front, Isaac in the cart and Samuel and Bella each hanging off a side. I felt like a needed a sign that said, "Wide Load" or at least a booming voice that cautioned other shoppers to get out of my way since I have a hard time seeing obstacles with the carseat and kids everywhere. But we made it out of the store without hitting anything and everyone was actually good.
The lady who checked us out did say, "Let me guess - the oldest is 5". This after a mom at the park today asked me, "Are all these kids yours?" and then said, "If you don't mind me asking why did you decide to have them all so close together?" I guess we create quite a scene these days! But I can't imagine it any other way!
The whole reason I decided I was up for the grocery store visit is because I took all the kids with me yesterday to get Samuel's Kindergarten shots. We were at the doctor's office for an hour, but the kids were great. They played in the waiting area and then they all sat quietly in the room when we were called back. Sometimes it's hard not having family live close enough to help at these times, but I walked out of the doctor's office and decided taking all the kids places wasn't going to be as bad as I anticipated!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I Did It!
Posted by amber at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
When I'm loading lots of little ones in, I park by the cart drop off. That way right in the parking lot, I can put the car seat in the cart and and little kids....because I think the parking lot is a lot worse then the store!
Way to go. I'm a real spectical at the store with all of mine too. Even when I just have 3 I get a lot of comments and then I tell them I have one at school. I get a LOT of comments about them all being GIRLS! And what was that comment about you NOT having family close? Your sister lives an hour away and your mom has been there 10 times so far this year. I call foul on that comment!
Post a Comment