Thursday, April 22, 2010

Isaac's Actual Bday Celebration


On Isaac's birthday I took the kids to the park for a picnic lunch. We were the only ones there for the majority of the time and the kids were having a great time playing on the equipment and climbing on the rocks.





We always take the kids out to eat for their birthday, but Chuck had city council that night so I made pancakes - one of Isaac's favorite things to eat. After dinner I pulled out the scrapbook from the year Isaac was born. On their birthdays I show them pictures of themselves when they were born and pictures from their first year. The kids love this!

Since I had already made Isaac a birthday cake for our early birthday celebration I opted to just go for the ice cream with a candle to blow out. The only thing was Isaac was afraid of the candle and ran away. I finally coaxed him to come back so I could get a picture, but Samuel had to blow out the candle because Isaac was keeping his distance.



The next night we took Isaac for his birthday dinner. We kept asking him where he wanted to go eat - with the other kids adding their favorite suggestions of McDonalds, Marv's and Pirate Island. He finally decided on Pirate Island.

Isaac actually doesn't like pizza. The kid eats almost anything, but for some reason he doesn't like pizza. We got him fries and a corn dog with lots of ketchup.


And to close the birthday celebration Chuck measured and marked his growth stick. Then we had to get all the kids sticks out and see how tall everyone was when they turned 2.

These are a few pictures that I took of Isaac around his birthday.

The kid LOVES to eat and will eat almost anything especially if it is covered in ketchup or salsa. He is a messy eater for sure - just look at the food in his hair.



Somehow he got himself stuck under his crib.


He loves to build and is actually very good at it for only being 2.


Samuel does a computer reading program every day and Isaac always pulls his chair up so he can watch what is going on. He loves to learn.



He loves to play with Samuel and Bella even though they don't always enjoy playing with him. He can be a little rough with them. Unfortunately he is going through a terrible 2 stage where he throws objects, hits and spits.
(Not very fun and we're hoping this stage passes quickly!)


Loves to read.


Loves the binkie. The only bad thing about the binkie is he constantly bites holes in them and then will not use them. It drives me crazy that we are always having to buy more binkies, but I just can't bear the thought of taking it away yet. It's the way I get him to nap so well every day and go to sleep early in the evening.


The kid hates to bath. He throws a terrible fit every time he has to get washed, but he really enjoys turning on the water. I often find the water running either in the sink or the tub because he has turned it on and then just left.


The kid loves to make messes - it's part of being 2! The other day I was feeding the baby and came out of the room to find this.

We sure do love this little guy!

1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Happy birthday Issac. What a funny and crazy kid. That's funny that he likes salsa. Kind of hot, hun? AVa loves her binkie too and I'm dying to get rid of it. But, I guess I have to wait til she's a little older. That's funny that he doesn't like the bath, most kids like taking a bath. Ava loves it but she is getting really hard to bath because she tries to crawl in the tub and slips and then sucks up a boat-load of water. have to keep my eye on her close now.
Audrey