
The kids and I made a fun Thanksgiving turkey craft out of pine cones, leaves and berries. Isaac was having fun gluing berries all over and Samuel was going crazy with the glue, but they turned out really cute in the end.

Isaac is always giving his big smile while saying "cheese" every time the camera comes out. Of course Bella is in her swim suit and headband despite the fact that it's November. I know one day she's going to look through our family scrapbook and aks me why her hair was always a mess or she was wearing clothes that didn't match or always wearing her swim suit. So I just want to say that I do her hair every morning, but she always pulls it out and she is constantly changing clothes and it's not worth fighting her about - at least right now. And Aunt Trina promised that she would stand up for me one day when Bella wants to know about her appearance!

The finished product.

I think I'm on year 9 for preparing Thanksgiving dinner for the family. And the kids like to get in on the action always trying to help. I try to get as much done the day before as possible so that Thanksgiving day is not such a lot of work. Chuck laughs at me because I have a Word Document I pull up every year with the menu, shopping list, and time everything needs to be started so everything will be done on time. This year Grandma Jerri Lynn threw my schedule off a little bit because she was supposed to do the gravy and didn't realize we were eating at noon. Chuck was laughing and asked her why she didn't check the schedule. My mom just couldn't imagine why we were eating so early. But I had to remind her we had two pregnant women who like to eat early and kids who take naps.


This year Janice, Mike and the girls joined us. We loved having them!

And yes, Isaac was the only one of the kids who actually ate everything on his plate and then wanted more. I tried to get him to sit in his high chair, but he threw the biggest fit, screaming, arching and kicking as I tried to get him to sit down. He was determined to sit at the table with the big kids. And he did great just eating and eating. The kids is a bottomless pit!






0 comments:
Post a Comment