Friday, December 18, 2009

The Sorry State of the Christmas Tree


So I really do feel bad that I didn't get a picture of the tree the first day we put it up because it really did look nice. But it's gone downhill quickly and I wonder how it will look by the time Christmas gets here. Now I know you can't decorate the bottom of a tree with a 19 month old, but I didn't realize he would drag things over to the tree so he could reach up higher and higher to remove more and more decorations. And everyday I look at the tree to find new and interesting things resting in the branches.


If you look closely at this picture you can see one of the ball ornaments flying at the tree. This is one of Isaac's favorite things to do. He will grab the "balls" as he calls them off the tree then stand back and try and throw them back on the tree.

As I said I've found some pretty interesting "decorations" in the tree. If you look closely you will notice a red and a green glove. They blend into the decor so who knows how long they were hanging there before I discovered them.

And I discovered Samuel's PJ's hanging on the back of the tree. I guess he figured throwing them on the tree was easier than putting them away in his closet.

Bella likes to add a few of her toys every now and then. Here is a princess and a pony. Today there were also a few stuffed animals.
I'm not sure how this is possible, but I caught Bella inside the tree actually trying to walk around - and of course she was in her swimsuit. I did buy the kids their own little tree where they could put all their decorations and arrange it as they liked, but apparently it's not as fun as the big tree!

3 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

Oh my word! Too funny. I thought for sure that bree would be the same way, but to my surprise she hasn't really touched it. She just says "Lights" ...."oh lights"

Kristin said...

That IS the best!!!

Valerie said...

ha ha ha, your kids are hilarious! I love love how Bella is in her swimsuit year round, and your tree isn't in a sorry state, lets just say it has unique personality :) these memories will be great to look back on!