
Over the past month I have developed this crazy need to chew on ice. I will chomp down at least 10 cups or more of ice a day. I love the stuff and just can't seem to get enough of it. I thought it was just a crazy phase I was going through needing something to keep my mouth busy so I didn't keep eating everything else in the house. Then the other night Chuck came into bed and said he'd just been listening to a podcast on food cravings and they said that if you're pregnant and crave ice it can mean your anemic and you should talk to your doctor. I started laughing thinking he was joking. But then I listened to the podcast myself and started doing a little research. Sure enough it can be a sign of anemia. So I guess I'll talk to the doctor about my constant need to eat delicious ice at my next appointment and hopefully he won't think I'm too weird!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
I NEED Ice!!
Posted by amber at 7:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
did you not read my blog when i was pregnant....its pica, and your anemic! ;-)
Oh good, I am glad it wont be a permanent fix for you, you were making me nervous with your ice fix!
Oh yes I know how that is. I have been anemic with both pregnancies and loved chewing on ice. Some people crave dirt or laundry detergent (no joke).
Post a Comment