Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Stockings


Today I helped the kids decorate their Christmas stockings. (I'm a little behind on the crafts this month. We still have the gingerbread house to decorate and the gingerbread men cookies to make.) Anytime all 3 kids are involved in a project it is always exciting. It began with Isaac and Bella fighting over the fuzzies. Isaac gets upset anytime he has to share anything so he was crying and throwing things around. Which is what he does when he gets upset.


Oh the sad face!


Samuel and Bella have come a long way in their decorating skills. This year they actually got the eyes in the right place. The kids were really having a lot of fun and so we spent well over an hour at the table with this little project. I finally had to tell them we had to clean up because it was time for lunch. I think they could have gone on for quite awhile longer.



Isaac was finally happy when the other kids gave up and just let him have what he wanted.

The finished products. Samuel made me laugh when Bella glued the bow on her gingerbread woman. He said, "Oh, she is so cute!". And I love that Isaac glued his eyes on the feet.

5 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

Cute!

Valerie said...

those are awesome! this is the first year we bought stockings, and even though I like them I kind of miss the kid decorating, maybe we will still have to decorate some. I love the eyes on the feet, so cute! Hey I know we're both having girls...if you hear girls names that you won't use pass them to me, cause I am so in the same boat of not having any names ha ha ha

Kristin said...

I've never even heard of anyone decorating stockings...do you make new ones each year? what happens to the ones you made the previous year? Do you sew a basic stocking or buy it? So many questions, it's an adorable idea!

Linz said...

Those are so so so cute! I love them! What a fun tradition!

fourballerinas said...

Wow, what a crafting frenzy you have at your house. Good luck with that when kid #4 comes along. This number 4 kid has nearly taken me over the edge. Four seems so much harder than #3 did. You seem to have that crafty gene from your mom!! I thought about doing the gingerbread house like we do every other year- but decided not even to bring it up- I couldn't handle it this year. My hands are too occupied and they would need too much supervision with Alyssa in the mix. I even downsized on the christmas decor this year.
audrey