Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December Happenings


We love going to the live Nativity every year. Luckily we got our trip in this year before it turned too cold. I was telling Chuck for the past several years that we have gone to the Nativity I have been pregnant twice or just had a brand new baby. There is something about being in this state that makes me really feel for Mary. I tear up every time I see her riding the donkey and then entering the stable. What an amazing woman she must have been!

We always arrive early so we can ride the little train before seeing the Nativity. This year Samuel was so excited that we got to ride in the very last seat. The funny thing was that I almost couldn't fit because those last two rows are so close together. I was trying to squish my belly through and Samuel told me, "just turn sideways mom." The kids were so excited about seeing the lights.


The token picture with Santa. Somehow Santa managed to not drop Isaac while I quickly got one picture. He was screaming and doing his arch and kick maneuver which makes it really difficult to keep a hold of the kid.

Samuel loves Santa and has never thrown a fit about sitting on his lap even when he was little. And of course I have no picture with Bella on Santa's lap since she was a new baby because she refuses to get anywhere near him. I should have taken a picture of her standing a long ways away from us. Chuck made me laugh when he said, "Why wouldn't she want to sit on an old fat guys lap?".

Trina and I had our traditional Christmas candy making weekend. (Notice Bella again in the swimsuit).

Making the turtles. When I saw this picture and some of the other pictures of me I couldn't believe how huge I look. We don't have a full length mirror in our home and it's times like these when I am thankful for that! The really sad thing is that Trina is 20 weeks pregnant and you can't even tell. I on the other hand look about ready to pop and I still have between 8 and 9 weeks left! The doctor did make me feel good this week when I went to my appointment because he said, "you look a little small, but you're measuring right on." I'm not sure why he would think I was looking small, but it made my day!

Chuck and Samuel were hoovering nearby waiting to lick the pan.

For some reason the babies wouldn't go to bed the night we were making candy. So lucky Chuck was entertaining both of them while we were busy.

Samuel was so excited to wake up to a little bit of snow on Tuesday morning. After I dropped Bella off at Joy School I let him go out and play before it melted away. He was only out there about 15 minutes, but he loved it. He keeps telling me he wants to live where it snows, but then he starts complaining about the cold 2 seconds later. I keep trying to tell the kids snow is not really that much fun and we are so lucky the snow only dusts us every once in awhile!

1 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

when you dropped off bella on tuesday I thought to myself, "wow, she is finally starting to show!" and i think it is mostly because of maternity shirts! you still look tiny to me!