I knew this day was coming when a few weeks ago I discovered that Samuel had cut the hair on several of Bella's dolls. He lost his Star Wars toys for a few days and we decided if he ruined anyone's toys again he would have to throw away some of his toys. He agreed he wouldn't cut anymore doll hair.
Fast forward to this morning. It was a typical crazy Sunday morning. Isaac had been up since 5 a.m., church starts at 9:00 and Chuck has meetings so he isn't here to help get the kids ready. This morning before he left he said his meeting would be over at 8:15 so he would be home to help me get the kids ready so I planned accordingly. Well about 8:30 I realized he wasn't coming home to help which put us behind and things were falling apart at the seams. Needless to say I arrived at church with a few tears squeezing their way out as I tried to keep it together with Bella holding her breakfast cereal in a Ziploc bag, Isaac had no shoes or socks on yet and I hadn't combed Samuel's hair which for some reason looked worse than usual.
We made it into Sacrament meeting just a little late and I was still trying not to cry as I just felt overwhelmed and wondered how I'm going to make this happen when I have a new baby. It was at this point I turned to try and fix Samuel's hair and noticed it had been cut. I remembered seeing the scissors and hair lying on the bathroom counter, but thought Chuck had trimmed a little of his hair this morning before he left. Apparently not! I asked Samuel if he had cut his hair. He looked at me and said, "Not today, mom". I had to suppress a laugh because this was the best thing that could have happened to me. Suddenly I didn't feel like crying anymore instead I was just trying not to laugh as I showed Chuck what Samuel had done. It turns out he had cut it last night after we got home from the ward Christmas party.
When we got home from church I had a talk with Samuel. I asked him why he cut his hair and he said, "Well mom I didn't cut the dolls hair so it's okay." Samuel is very by the book so I realized I needed to make it clear that he shouldn't cut his hair, Bella's hair, Isaac's hair or for that matter anything but paper. He then said, "But mom, what if I need a hair cut?". Anyway it was an easy fix because with boys you can just shave it off and it's no big deal - except Samuel's hair has never been this short and I do love his hair being longer. Just hoping we don't have this same conversation with Bella after she's cut her hair because it seems like all kids eventually do this.
See the chunk of missing hair right in the front - it tells you how my morning was going that I didn't notice until we got to church.





4 comments:
oh no! Well at least it wasn't Bella's hair because girls hair es much more hard to fix then boys. Oh and the ice thing id true, my Mom craved ice all. the. time. and she was anemic. My cousin Courtney is pregnant too and she eats ice constantly as well. It's a weird thing huh
priceless!
Oh my goodness! That's awful and really funny at the same time! So sorry!
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. Bella is next, I can feel it!
Post a Comment