Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving


Chuck and I have hosted a Thanksgiving dinner at our home for the past 7 years - always with my mom and dad and usually Trina and Wes, but this year mom and dad went to Arkansas so we had Chuck's mom and dad, Danny, Michelle and kids at our home. Despite the fact that Chuck laughs at my planning, I really do have a good system worked out for making the whole Thanksgiving meal. (I have a word document that I pull up each year with what preparations to do each day before Thanksgiving, a shopping list, what time to begin cooking everything so it's all done at the same time - a little nerdy I know, but I love to plan - no wonder I loved my SLOC job so much!) We had a great time with Chuck's family and our kids loved playing with their cousins. The grandparents even watched the kids one evening so we could see a movie - we couldn't even remember the last time we went to the show! We don't get out much these days!

The kids eating their Thanksgiving feast. Bella actually likes turkey!


The weather had been beautiful here until the family rolled into town and then it turned cold. Despite the cold and rain on Thanksgiving day, the kids still enjoyed playing with Grandma Luann outside.


Chuck put the guys to work that morning on the playhouse. I really wanted to have it done for Christmas, but we've decided now may be the time to get a good deal on a new vehicle so we're going to spent the next few weekends shopping around. The kids will just be excited whenever it gets done.

I really love my entry way and have enjoyed decorating it for each of the holidays. These are the Thanksgiving decorations on display and amazingly enough the kids actually are good about not touching the stuff. We'll see what happens when Isaac gets old enough to walk!

0 comments: