
Last night was our ward Christmas party and I decided I would actually wear my hair down and curl the bottom. The funny thing is that I had it separated and a portion clipped to the top of my head when I got interrupted by the kids needing something - the whole reason my hair is always in a ponytail or a clip on the top of my head, no time for doing anything with myself - so when I came out and Samuel saw my hair he said, "Oh mom, your hair is so beautiful!" That's when you know maybe you should do something with your hair a little more often!
My new exciting purchase - a carpet cleaner! I'm always worrying about getting our new carpet dirty, so for my own sanity I finally had to get the little carpet cleaner. The last few straws broke when Samuel got sick last weekend and threw up all over the family room carpet. He had thrown up once before and got a little spot on the carpet, but most had gone on the couch which was great because the leather is an easy clean. But the next time he didn't hit his bowl or the couch. He sadly lamented after that the throw up had come out too fast for him to get to the concrete. And I sadly lamented that I really needed a carpet cleaner. Then the next two days I didn't put Bella in her pajamas for nap because both days she had already pooped before nap and both times she pooped again in her room on the carpet! So now there's no way she goes to nap without the pajamas on inside out! That's why I now have the lovely carpet cleaner!
It's hard to see in the picture, but Samuel is locked inside the car strapped in his car seat. I was going to the post office and so while I was getting the other kids ready I told Samuel to go get in his car seat. He thinks it's funny to get in the car and then lock the doors. Unfortunately I had taken my purse with the keys inside and the big stack of Christmas cards and put them in the car. So when Samuel climbed inside and locked the doors my keys were also inside. I was in the house snapping Big Buddy in his car seat and heard the locks click so I quickly ran to the car and told Samuel he needed to let me in. At this point he started laughing and climbed in the backseat to get in his carseat. I was pounding on the window telling him not to buckle himself in the seat but to let me in. He just kept laughing despite my increased desperation that he was not listening. Then it was to late! He had strapped himself in and the car was locked with my keys inside. The bad thing is that he is in the middle so he can't reach the locks and he can't unstrap his bottom buckle to get out of the seat. I called Chuck to come home with his keys, but he had carpooled to a meeting and couldn't leave until the meeting was over! So poor Samuel was locked in the car for quite awhile and was just beside himself. The other kids then had to play in the driveway because Samuel, who was very sad the entire time, would start screaming everytime I got out of his sight. I kept asking him how he was doing and he would reply, "Not so good". I tried to get him to wiggle out of the seat, but he just couldn't do it. Now if it would have been Bella she could have wormed her way out, but Samuel is not so resourceful. The good thing about this whole experience is that he no longer locks the car doors and I tried to stress how important it is to listen to mommy!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
A Mom's Week
Posted by amber at 6:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Well, a little bit of pain for causing a problem never hurt anybody. That's how they learn. Crazy kid!! I think you need a little hid a key on your front porch with a house key and a car key in it. Haven't you locked yourself out of the house before too?
Post a Comment