
So it was my birthday this weekend. Let's just say I think I'm in my thirties! Trina and Wes came down to watch the kids while Chuck and I went to his work party and then helped with our kids Sunday because we had to talk in our ward. I was not excited to have to speak on my birthday, but I must say this is the first sacrament meeting that I have heard in years! It was actually really nice to sit up on the stand and enjoy the peace and quiet. Trina helped Samuel make me a cake, Chuck cooked me a delicious steak and helped the kids make muffins for breakfast. Chuck also bought me larger memory sticks for my big and little camera. Great thinking on his part - I need more memory for all the pictures I take. Chuck was figuring I probably had taken almost 20,000 pictures this year! Yes I did type that right. What can I say, I love pictures!

Trina and I carrying on the yearly Christmas tradition of candy making. She was commenting on Saturday how quick we were this year. I hated to break her bubble, but she went to bed early on Friday night and I stayed up another couple of hours making the turtles! I love the Christmas candy and am so glad each year if I don't ruin anything. I guess I've only really ruined the turtles the first year I made them without mom, but I get nervous about it every year. Everything turned out great and tastes wonderful!


2 comments:
Oh I want candy making lessons!
You need to tell them why I went to bed early--the headache, remember! You made me sound like a whimp!
Post a Comment