Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Christmas


Our whole world was turned upside down this week as my mom called to tell us the doctors results of several tests she had taken. It's impossible to express the emotions that I felt as she told me the doctor thinks she may have kidney cancer. It really puts into perspective what is most important! And I can't really write too much more about it because it makes me want to cry - and I always try very hard not to cry! But mom, we all love you and know you can fight through this trial!

Since mom has another appointment with a speacialist this week, they are not sure they will be able to make it back down here for Christmas so we had an early celebration this weekend with Grandma and Grandpa giving the kids their gifts. What a joyful weekend to share time together as a family and watch the little ones get so excited.

3 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

We will be praying for your mom! We also did an early Christmas and the kids loved it!

Ted & Carole Whisler said...

Hi Amber, You don't know me but I know you or at least feel like I do. Your mom has been like a second daughter to me and I am so sorry for what she is going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

You certainly have a beautiful family and I love reading about Bella. She really sounds like a little character. Your mom has told me a lot about her.

I talked to your mom today and she told me that she had told you about me and to sign Aunt Carole, so that is what I will do. Would love to hear from you sometime. I did hear you play the piano a few times. My email address is: Yogi4574@hotmail.com.

Love, Aunt Carole

Valerie said...

Oh sounds like so much fun with the car (once it was all figured out) And the pictures of Bella are so good, I love how you take such awesome pictures of your kids. Stock has been asking to play with Sam again non stop, I am so glad they are best buds, there Friday play dates work out so great :) I am so sorry about your Mom, I will keep her in my prayers.