Saturday, December 6, 2008

First Sentence

Bella has been saying a lot more words lately, but she is really hard to understand and usually only puts a couple of words together. I have been a little worried about her speech since Samuel by this time was talking in complete sentences and was very easy to understand. But today she spoke her first complete sentence! We were in the car and here's how the conversation went:
Chuck: Bella get in your car seat please (he had already told her several times before this)
Bella: (Very clear and easy to understand) "No daddy, I won't!"
Not exactly what you want to hear, but I was really excited and just couldn't help laughing.

2 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

one of our common sentences at our house "mommy, I naughty" after she has done something she knows she shouldn't!

fourballerinas said...

Sound like she's a "Smart Mouth" I mean she's smart-if you know what I mean. Funny how it was exactly the same with us- kayla talked a storm really well really early- not the same with Savannah- hardly anything and nothing well enough to understand. Don't worry too much- she'll talk when she's good and ready. It's highly likely that Savannah will need a little help. She still has problems with combining consanants and with g, c, k, and l. They can each be so different. I'm interested to see on what level Alyssa talks.