We took a quick trip to Vegas this last weekend to attend a wedding reception. It was so much fun to talk to many friends we haven’t seen since we moved several years ago. I feel like I left a little bit of my heart in Vegas when we moved. The heartache flared a little as we left the reception that night.
The kids always love staying in a hotel. They were exhausted until we entered the room and then they all caught their second wind. It was a rough night with various kids waking us up at least a half dozen times! According to Samuel, Bella was rolling around hurting everyone. Everyone drank way to much punch at the reception and several potty breaks were taken during the night requiring all lights to come on. Isaac was whining all night long except he miraculously did not wake up when he rolled right off the bed. Then everyone was up bright and early to start the day. And we vowed it would be years until we stay in a hotel again – I’m sure we’ll soon forget the agony and our pledge.
We walked A LOT during this trip. The kids loved the fish.
But their favorite activity was riding the escalators. Much to their delight we went on several escalator rides. Isaac was a little nervous and even fell down, but quickly learned how to navigate. I had to tell the kids my escalator horror story about how my shoelace got caught when I was at the mall. It felt like my foot was going to get ripped off, then the shoelace broke and I was free. Yep, sometimes you have to put a little fear into the kids!
And what family escapade would be complete without someone getting lost. We were supposed to meet Trina and Wes at Toys R Us, too bad we were at two different stores and it took us an hour to get things worked out!


1 comments:
hahaha. I was wondering if you were going to post that! I just need a bigger car and that would solve all my problems. Bella is beautiful. I want to come next time.
Post a Comment