Monday, December 5, 2011

Moments

I’ve been thinking a lot about moments this past week. Probably because the article we’re discussing with my Power of Moms group this month is titled the Magic of Moments. I loved this paragraph from the article, “This chapter is about the moments of motherhood that make it great. It’s about those magical moments that swell in your heart and somehow make all the other tough and worrisome moments shrink in their wake. I’m talking about the moments where the air turns thick with love and your heart turns to mush and you realize THIS is the stuff that makes motherhood the best job in the world.” 

So I’ve been trying to stand still long enough to soak in those moments and although many of them I just captured with my heart I did manage to capture a few in pictures.

IMG_9492-1

Like when we decorated the tree and the last ornaments we brought out were the pictures that I make sure our little family takes every Christmas Eve. As the kids gathered around me, I showed them how our family has grown and changed over the years. Always a new baby or a big pregnant mommy in the picture! What fun memories. 

IMG_9515-3

Seeing the kids excited faces as they contemplated which activities they wanted to do for our “Fun Friday”.

IMG_9519-4

Watching Jenna get so excited about licking the bowl after we made our pie. She wasn’t about to let anyone else get a taste. You can see Samuel’s head in the picture, he was just trying to lick a spot off the countertop.

IMG_9520-5

Finishing our Grinch pie and then having to use the pink Santa hat because we couldn’t find the red one. Samuel was quick to point out that there was no girl Grinch, but it would be okay.

IMG_9525-6

Laughing as Isaac strolled around the kitchen in my cleaning gloves instead of helping clean the bathroom. The kid just cracks me up on a daily basis!

IMG_9555-11

Seeing Jenna enjoying building just like all the other kids with her cute belly hanging over her diaper. She’s decided she doesn’t like to get dressed and boy if we have to go somewhere it’s a battle!

IMG_9497-2

Watching Jenna try and dress herself and then walk around the house in what looks like a loin cloth. Gotta love the pants on her head!

IMG_9531-7

Smiling to see Bella helping her daddy clean up leaves in the yard in one of her “stylish” outfits she’s put together.

IMG_9536-8

Listening to the kids squeal with delight and watching them swing off our stairs for two days straight. Samuel tied his karate belts to the banister because he wanted to rope swing like Indiana Jones.

IMG_9542-9

Having brave Bella show the boys you could actually swing further if you stood at the top of the stairs.

IMG_9544-10

Trying not to worry that someone might get hurt. We did have one little mishap, Isaac swung into Jenna and cut her lip. The kids then wondered why Jenna had ketchup all over her face – granted she does like ketchup, but they were a little shocked she was actually bleeding.

IMG_9561-12 

It seemed there was no end to this fun and they wanted me there watching and snapping pictures of all their cool moves.

IMG_9574 copy

Getting so excited for the girls new Christmas dresses I just couldn’t stand to wait.

IMG_9581 copy

Soaking up the fact that I can get them matching outfits and that’s okay – at least for now! Granted I couldn’t get a picture of them together because someone was upset, but that’s okay!

IMG_9568 copy

And my most touching moment of the week was one of those I captured in my heart. It was hearing Jenna LOUDLY say “Mommy, Mommy, Hi Mommy” over and over and over again as I sat on the organ bench during the passing of the sacrament. I know it was a little irreverent of me, but I couldn’t help but smile and give her a little wave. Priceless!

2 comments:

Linz said...

This post was precious!! I love those dresses! And the grinch pie is hilarious!

fourballerinas said...

Those dresses are the cuttest dresses I've ever seen. Where did you find them? Gotta know!!!