I’m not much of a shopper, but my sister is. I’m a saver so I find it difficult to just buy things without careful consideration. But my sister always calls me with some deal she’s found and tries to rope me into spending money on something or other. In fact the other night she called me at almost midnight and when I groggily answered my cell phone I heard a chipper voice say, “Oh shoot, your not awake. Well, I had to call and deal you about this great deal.” I kindly asked her not to call me so late unless it was a dire emergency. Now she just sends a text to see if I’m awake before calling me with the deal that can’t be passed up.
During the whole crazy shopping madness last week Trina called to tell me about a deal she’d found on a cricut cake cutting machine. They were practically giving the thing away she said. I decided I didn’t really need a cake cutting machine so I was going to pass. A few hours later she called again and said we really needed to get this machine it was such a great deal and looked really fun. So I finally agreed since it really was a steal and we were splitting the cost.
Then this showed up at my door. I pulled it out of the box and it’s huge! We’re talking a MAJOR cake decorating machine. It cuts fondant, gum paste, cookie dough most anything soft and flat. I called to tell Trina I wasn’t exactly sure what she’d talked me into. Now we are destined to become professional cake decorators in our spare time! She said the only draw back was we can’t cook – yeah that might put a damper on our business! And when poor Chuck saw the thing all he could say was, great another expensive hobby with lots of hidden costs. And then he quoted Clark Howard who supposedly said, the worst way to waste money is to buy something on sale that you don’t need. (Really Chuck doesn’t care that we bought the machine because it was a steal, he’s just worried about all the cakes we’re going to make him sample!)
It may be awhile before we figure out how to properly use this thing, but I’m expecting some amazing creations! Or maybe we’ll use it once and decide there was a reason they were giving the things away. Here’s to my craziest compulsive buy of the season!


5 comments:
Did you get this at Jo-Annes...they had it for dirt cheep (considering what it is) after Thanksgiving.
Have fun with it....It will be easy to use. I own two other cricut machines, they are really easy.
hahaha!! That is awesome!! I can't to see your cake creations!!
I have a bunch of cartridges you can borrow!
That is a funny story. i can't believe Trina calls you in the middle of the night. Can't wait to see what you make with this
Audrey
Seriously! How embarrassing. You watch we are going to make amazing cakes, cupcakes and cookies. I can sell them with my shave ice! I always have great ideas!
Post a Comment