Thursday, December 1, 2011

Halloween

IMG_9436 cfs

I thought last year would be the end of coordinating Halloween costumes, but we were able to pull it off one more year. Samuel really wanted to be a ninja and Isaac was more than happy to follow suit. I had to do a little convincing to get Bella to be Mulan (or a Geisha girl) until she saw the costume I found and then she loved it. Before she saw the costume, she wanted to be the armor wearing fighting Mulan and that wasn’t really what I had pictured!

Now Jenna’s costume that’s another story. I could only find one costume on the internet and it was pretty pricey so I decided I would just quickly sew her outfit. Then our ward party happened to sneak up on me and suddenly it was crunch time to get the costume put together.

IMG_2786

Luckily I have an amazing husband who without a pattern cut out the material. I love that he’s got the football game on while he’s cutting out material!

IMG_9415 copy

When I showed the kids Jenna’s costume, they all thought it was ugly. In fact they made such a stink about it that Jenna then didn’t want to wear it. The night of the ward Halloween party Chuck was literally pinning Jenna down to get the costume on her all the while mumbling, darn it we’re going to have fun!

IMG_9382 ccopy

IMG_9445 copy

IMG_9459 copy

This was actually our favorite year trick or treating since moving here. Every year we try some place new, but this year we stayed within our ward boundaries and had a lot of fun and got a lot of candy. I thought it would last us months, but somehow we managed to finish it off in a week.

0 comments: