Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Tree

IMG_3307

We painted our thankful tree again this year. Everyone including Jenna got in on the action.

IMG_3309

IMG_9466

I love how I can pick out each of the areas the kids painted. Jenna couldn’t stay in the lines, Samuel was all business trying to get the tree all painted covering a big area with lots of different colors, Isaac loves blue and that’s about the only color he used and Bella was creating a tiny masterpiece at the bottom of the tree mixing and blending all the colors not too concerned about covering much area.

We tried to remember each night before we went to bed to each list something we were thankful for then I would write it on a leaf and tape it to the tree. The sweetest sentiment came from Bella who one night said, “I’m thankful for Jesus because He sent me here to live with my wonderful mom. And I like Dad too.” I’m keeping that one!

1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

We did a little thankful tree this year but it turned into a argument and they just started fighting over the leaves. I was thankful when that FHE was over