Chuck’s mom and dad celebrated 50 years of marriage this December.
We had a yummy dinner at the Lion House in their honor. Chuck and I were a little uptight during dinner because everything was fancy and breakable – a deadly combination with little kids!
Good thing for smart phones to keep little hands occupied!
No Gillette family get together would be complete with out a program and this was a program to rival all others! It was a musical walk down memory lane and I must say these two sing a pretty good rendition of Like A Rhinestone Cowboy! Chuck’s parents capped off the evening by singing Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof. I Love the song and it’s message of how quickly time passes. 50 years has brought quite the posterity to Paul and Luann – 6 kids, 22 grandchildren and 2 great grandkids. Looking out over the sea of loved ones it makes you grateful for eternal family bonds.
The day after the big celebration we took the kids downtown. Samuel was super excited to see the “skyscraper” where I once worked (the big building right behind Chuck’s head). Samuel kept saying he wanted to do exciting things like mommy did when he grows up like work in a skyscraper and drive a TRAX train (it’s true, when UTA was testing the TRAX line I actually got to drive one of the trains). It was kind of fun to have Samuel so fascinated with a past “season” of my life, which really was exciting during the time even for myself!
We even had to see the library downtown. I love libraries especially interesting ones!
The highlight of the library was riding up and down the glass elevator. The kids loved it! All except Jenna who went into a little bit of melt down mode. I’ll admit it would scare you to death to be a baby and just see the floor rising and falling not really sure what was happening.
We walked around temple square since the night before it was a little too chilly to see much more than a few lights.
We played in the kids area of the Church History Museum until Jenna drove a few people to tears.
We looked at the amazing waterfall of the Conference Center.
And simply enjoyed strolling together.


1 comments:
i love that picture of the kids in front of the fountain. Jenna's face is so funny. Everyone else looks happy but her. I thought for sure you guys would be throwing up. My whole family(in price) passed around the stomach flu. We were glad we didn't come and get the stomach flu for christmas. It was fun to see you guys on the computer.
Audrey
(we have such different Christmas's- it funny!!- boy toys vrs. girl toys)
Post a Comment