Samuel's fascination with Star Wars began at an early age. He's just 6 weeks old in this picture. When I was showing him the scrapbook yesterday he was very impressed that he was holding a gun when he was just a baby.
Apparently there are several other boys in Samuel's Kindergarten class that have the same fascination with Star Wars because Samuel always comes home and tells me new Star Wars facts that he learned from other boys. We had a Star Wars party last year, but this year Samuel wanted a Legos Star Wars party. Building with Legos is a daily activity at our home. I told Samuel we weren't going to have a friend party this year and he kept telling me, "But mom, I have friends". Instead he invited one his friends from school over to play for a few hours.
Drum Roll Please .........
And here according to Samuel is The Coolest Birthday Cake Ever!
A Legos Clone Trooper.
I must say it did turn out pretty amazing!
It was a messy affair and we cheated a little. We decided sculpting a cake into this shape would be too tricky so we made 2 batches of Rice Krispies and Chuck molded the Rice Krispie mass into a clone trooper. And the fondant turned out perfect and was pretty easy to work with. In fact I think I'll be making many more fondant creations in the future. The marshmallow recipe I used wasn't too hard and it even tasted good.
Thanks Honey for again helping me with my crazy ideas - well this one was Samuel's crazy idea!






8 comments:
AMAZING! You are the cause of my birthday cake pressure! Happy Birthday to Samuel. Love the picture of him in Helper.
AWESOME!!! You seriously amaze me!! That IS the coolest cake ever!! Well done!
Way awesome....You know rice krispy treats isnt cheating, I see that they do that all the time on different cake shows.
Are you serious?!? That cake is AMAZING and the coolest one I've ever seen. I'm sure after showing Blake this cake he will want one for his kids in the near future.
Wow Amber that cake is AMAZING! You really did a great job :) Hope he had a wonderful birthday :)
OH MY, Amber! Totally cool cake. You are awesome- I love it. As much as I would love to show Taylor this cake- yeah, it's not going to happen!
Oh my gosh Amber, what a cute cute cake. You are really amazing. I couldn't have done that in a million years. It is too cute to have been eaten.
That's pretty neat. I'm glad you said what it was because it kind of looks like cow too. I've given up on birthday cakes. Nobody eats them. We are resorting to the Ice cream cake thing now. Everyone at our house loves ice cream. Happy Birthday to Samuel.
Post a Comment