Chuck and I went to a banquet for the local ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) last night and it was a lot of fun! For the entertainment they played several games from Minute to Win It. There's nothing quite as funny as watching a room full of engineers taking part in these silly challenges. Chuck and I came away with $70 and this great prize.
Chuck constructed a tower out of plastic cups and won us this fun popcorn maker. I'm pretty sure I was more excited than even the kids. We make popcorn every Friday night for our family movie night so this will just add an extra layer of fun. The kids and I had to try it out after lunch today. I love popcorn and obviously so does Bella because tonight as she was saying her prayer she thanked Heavenly Father for our new popcorn maker.
I'm glad we had such a fun evening last night because tonight we're a little bummed out. We have been planning for months a little overnight stay in Vegas for just the two of us for tomorrow evening. It's been years since we had a night without the kids so we were super excited, but you would have thought we were trying to plan a month long exotic trip instead of one night to Vegas with all the complications surrounding this weekend. It's really become quite comical, but I'll spare the details, just suffice it to say we aren't going and no we can't get our money refunded on the hotel. So instead of packing for our trip, I'm doing a lot of blogging to ease my disappointment!


3 comments:
If it is because of a babysitter let me know! I will watch your cuties! Call me if you need me, seriously!
Fun popcorn maker. Brady and my kids would love it. I however don't like popcorn. But I'm sure it's facinating to watch it pop like that for the kids. Sorry you can't go on your trip Brady and I just had our first out of town night without kids last week and it cost me a fortune in babysitting. It was worth it though. So fun to be "single" again just for a moment. But by the end of the weekend, I was dying for my babies.
Audrey
Bummer! You should try to get someone else to stay their instead!
Post a Comment