Sunday, February 1, 2009

Misc Happenings


So I had to laugh when I heard Samuel and Bella in the bathroom this week. Samuel was trying to do Bella's hair and he was telling her to hold still so he could put a bow in her hair. Of course I didn't find it too funny when several other times this week they had rubbed vaseline and hair gel all over in her hair. And Bella was not amused when Samuel got the brush stuck in her hair when he was trying to comb it. This reminded me of the time when I was about 6 and had hair down to my waist. Brady and I were playing and he turned on his stomper truck and let it loose in my hair. It kept going until it had hair wound around the tires so tight it finally stopped. I think I'll take untangeling a brush over a stomper truck any day! You got to love those Brothers!

Last week, Samuel was gone and Isaac was having a nap so it was just Bella and I. She was running around the house with a toy plane pretending to shot fire and saying bomb, bomb. It was then I decided I needed to do a few more "girly" things with Bella. So we broke out the nail polish and painted her toes. I actually can't believe I haven't done it before now! She thought her toes looked really pretty and was excited to show daddy and Samuel.

Bella in her "rats nest". So I had to get a picture of everything that Bella must have in her bed to go to sleep. We were joking that she was building a nest and when Samuel heard us he said, "a rats nest?". So now we call it her rats nest. It's so hard to put her to nap or bed because she knows if something is missing and we spend the next several minutes looking for the missing object. She wants her 3 binkies, 6 blankets, 2 sippy cups of water, 1 pink pillow, various toys (but must have her puppy and Minnie Mouse) and books. I'm not sure how she can sleep with all that junk, but she won't go to sleep without it!

At one point during the week she even put the monkey in the high chair in the crib. It's hard to see from the picture, but she put her pink binkie on the tray by the monkies mouth so he can have a binkie. I did manage to remove the high chair without too much screaming. That's where I drew the line!
So I have about decided that Isaac is just not going to crawl, at least in the traditional style. He has been getting up on his knees for weeks, but prefers to drag himself around commando style. He actually can go pretty fast on the concrete floors. He looks like a little snake slithering along. His favorite spot is under the table, before I sweep, where he can pick up bits of discarded food from the other kids.
We had a fun Saturday evening at the park. I LOVE it when it's the end of January and we can go play with the kids outside! That's why we live here!

Samuel was able to climb the rock wall all by himself and slide down the pole with a little help. This was a big accomplishment for him because he is our cautious child, while Bella is the reckless one as you can see from the picture of her on the slide. She looks like she's going to go over the edge.


Samuel slid down the slide with Isaac. Isaac wasn't sure he liked the ride!

1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

You're posts never cease to amuse me. Funny Bella. Amazing she can even get to sleep with all that. I loved the hair story. Savannah has been our one to get things stuck in the hair- notice I made Brady pull it out. He deserves to have to sit there and pick it out after what he did to your hair. Just wait until you go in and find Samuel playing Barber Shop on Bella. Don't worry, that day WILL come. Funny kids!!
Audrey