Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day


My Valentine's tradition for Chuck is making him this very yummy from scratch cake with marshmallow and chocolate frosting. It's a lot of work, but oh so wonderful! In all it has 3 sticks of butter so how couldn't it be good.

And Chuck got me pink roses because he thought Bella would love seeing the pink flowers. A funny story about me and flowers - A few years ago Chuck bought me some flowers at the grocery store and the girl made the comment that he better take off the price tag so I wouldn't see how cheap they were. Chuck just laughed because he knows me well enought to know I would love them even more when I saw the price. You see, I like flowers, but they do just die rather quickly, so I just can't stand the thought of wasting a lot of money on flowers. So yes, I LOVE the cheap grocery store kind.

My tradition for the kids is buying them new swim suits. But as they were opening them I realized this was actually kind of a lame gift. In years past we would let the kids open their swim suits and then take them over to the indoor clubhouse pool to swim. Well it didn't even cross my mind until they were pulling out the suits that we no longer have an indoor clubhouse pool. So I quickly told the kids that we would take them to SHAC on Monday.

And the kids loved going to SHAC to swim.



All except Isaac. Poor kid was clinging to me and crying everytime he would get splashed. We just haven't taken him swimming and I just throw him in the shower with Chuck so he doesn't even get in the bathtub. No wonder he was not having a good time!

2 comments:

Linz said...

I love cheap flowers too! And that cake looks yummy!

Good call on taking the kids to SHAC! I would have just said, "We're going to swim in the bathtub!" HAHA!

Happy Valentines Day!

Trina and Wes said...

We need to coming swimming. That looks like a fun place for the kids. I was sad that I forgot to grab another piece of the cake before I left:(