Monday, February 23, 2009

Hiking


Saturday was such a beautiful day that we took the kids hiking. As usual, we had a great hike getting to our destination because the kids were all excited and having a great time. But whenever we head back the story changes. They were tired and hungry and all three were crying or whining for most of the hike back to the car. We did have this funny conversation that made Chuck and I laugh.
Samuel: "Hold me daddy"
Chuck, who was already packing Isaac in the bjorn: "You have to walk yourself"
Amber, for some reason feeling the need to reinforce the issue: "Everyone who has legs needs to walk by themselves"
Samuel: "Well, Isaac has legs and he's not walking"
What a smart kid!


We spent forever at this little pond with the kids throwing rocks in. Look at that giant rock Bella is getting ready to throw.


Bella loves to jump off every little rock in the trail.

And Samuel kept stopping all along the way to throw rocks.

I thought this was so cute because Samuel just came up and grabbed my hand as we were walking along.

3 comments:

Linz said...

What a fun hike! Sam is so smart! I have fallen into that trap too! They are just coming out smarter these days! Glad you had fun!

Trina and Wes said...

The picture of Bella looks like she surely couldn't have landed on two feet! Did she? And the picture of Sam throwing a rock is awesome because you can see the snow covered mountains right behind the beautiful red mountains! I wish it was warm here.

Talene said...

Hi Amber, it's Talene. I found your blog from Amber Fish's. You have a very adorable family!!! You look so good! I have a blog also, but its private, so if you want to look at it email me and I'll send you an invite. the.david.clan{at}gmail{dot}com