Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Vacation to California


We just got back from a week long vacation in California and we had a wonderful time! I must admit Chuck and I were a little apprehensive about spending a week in hotels with the 3 young ones. We often joke that we are "staff" in our kids lives. This joke reminds us to try our best to create fun and memorable experiences for the kids despite the fact that it can be a lot of hard work for us. The first night we stayed in Vegas in a very nice hotel suite and the kids were wired! They were jumping all over everything, running around - to much pent up excitement for Disneyland. It looked to be a very long week, but after that it got much easier. They were so tired at the end of each day that they would pass out in the hotel room while watching TV. Isaac was a little bit harder for me. He was waking up every 1.5 to 2 hours all night long. I just kept feeding him - another reason he's the Big Buddy!

A short visit to Newport Beach. Samuel's favorite part was not the water, but chasing after the birds. He told me he wished he had a cage so he could catch one. Then when it was time to go and he hadn't actually been able to catch one he threw quite the fit. He was sitting in the sand just crying because the birds were just to fast!


Chuck and the kids getting their feet wet in the cold water. The weather was actually great, not too hot and not too cold - just right!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Sounds like your trip was so fun! Stockton's absolute favorite ride was the roller coaster in Toon Town. We went on it countless times. It's funny how are two kids are so alike. I'm glad you're doing this photography class, I may have to call you with millions of questions after though, ha ha ha...but seriously though :I

Kerry said...

I am still so jealous. Hey do you have time to do pictures in the next few days. I get his blessing outfit today. This is Janae