Sunday, June 12, 2011

What Was That?

A few evenings ago, the girls and I were eating dinner when suddenly there was a loud crash that literally made me jump. We have birds that run into our windows all the time. I’m not sure why since my windows are NEVER clean. In fact, they are usually covered with little dirty handprints and red dirt. About the only time my windows are clean is when my mom comes to visit because she has a thing about cleaning windows. I always love when the windows are clean, but I view it as one of those tasks that’s just really not worth the time and effort.

Anyway, I looked out the window and sure enough a pigeon had hit the window going so fast it instantly died. Bella asked me if the bird would be resurrected someday. Later when Samuel saw it, he wanted to know if the bird was flying with its eyes shut. This question confused me until he clarified that the bird must have had its eyes shut or else why would it just fly right into the window.

IMG_6686 f

I did find it interesting that it left it’s imprint on the window. Good thing I don’t clean my windows or who knows how many more birds would crash into them.

1 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

Oh my word. That is a crazy cool picture but so sad for the bird:(