I made a huge mistake after our Welcome Summer party (post details below). After I finished making the homemade ice cream I dumped the salt water from the ice cream maker on the lawn. When Chuck saw what I had done, he got a little upset. Chuck NEVER gets upset about anything, but he wasn’t very happy about this particular incident. He told me the grass was going to die and nothing would ever grow there unless he removed the contaminated soil and replaced the sod.
I thought he was being a little dramatic, which I should have know better because Chuck is not dramatic in the least little bit.
Sure enough a day or so later this is what the patch of grass looked like. And unfortunately it’s right up against the patio as you walk into our backyard. I really couldn’t have picked a worse spot to kill the grass.
Last night after we roasted hot dogs in the fire pit, Chuck dug up the spot.
Creating a dirt patch the kids couldn’t resist making a muddy mess with. That was a painful lesson to learn especially since I was thrilled when we covered up most of the red dirt in the backyard. The kids LOVE the red dirt, I’m not such a fan since it stains everything. Who knows how long we’re going to have this little mess on our hands – anyone planting sod anytime soon?


1 comments:
So why do you have to dig up the dirt and replant? Does the salt hurt the soil? I'm confused. I think you can buy pieces of sod at like lowe's or home depot.
Post a Comment