We’re taking advantage of biking adventures before it gets too HOT to consider such an escapade with the kids. On Saturday, we actually rode 3 miles on a new trail. The kids are getting so they can go longer distances and it was great – for the most part! What would an adventure for our family be without a few bumps in the road!
We stopped at a park and let the kids play. We probably stayed a little too long because when we got back on our bikes it was pretty warm and we heard a few complaints. Mainly from Jenna who did not want to get back in the trailer. Sometimes Jenna and Isaac have a few battles in the trailer. Jenna gets ahold of Isaac’s hair and pulls for all she’s worth making it a miserable ride for the guy. I was in front of Chuck, but I could hear Isaac loud and clear crying, “Baby doesn’t want me in here!”.
This was one of the moments when the adventure wasn’t so great. A portion of the trail was washed away during the floods earlier in the year so we had to plow our way for a pretty good stretch across the dirt. On the way back, it proved to be a bit of a breaking point. Samuel and I crossed the stretch and I looked back to see Chuck was loosing the troops. Bella was pushing her bike crying that she didn’t want to walk her bike, but really training wheels and dirt just aren’t a good combination. Isaac was out of the trailer running and Chuck was packing Jenna who desperately wanted to get down and pushing his bike. Also the bike trailer had a flat tire. Once everyone made it across this rough portion we were back in business speeding along.
We also stopped on the way back to see the ducks. Jenna was so excited.


1 comments:
Where are these ducks at? I have no desire to ride a bike there, but I would drive my car to the location :-)
Post a Comment