Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Happenings

IMG_6736 f

Samuel has his last t-ball game this week. I was so glad it was not as hot this year the weather was actually very pleasant. Games were twice a week and we would get home from karate or gymnastics just a few minutes before we had to be at the game. Samuel had fun, but the rest of us are glad it’s over.  

IMG_6747 f

IMG_6767 f

This pained look on Samuel’s face captured what happened after every game. The players would get their treats and drink after the game and I always wanted to bring the other kids a little something, but I never remembered. This caused weeping and wailing and lamentation all around. Samuel was good about sharing his treat, but no one was ever completely satisfied. Bella even began saying she wanted to play t-ball just so she could get a treat after the games.

IMG_6771_filtered fix

Of course everyone was all smiles when we went to Marv’s to celebrate the last game. We don’t really need much of a reason to celebrate with a shake at Marv’s. They really are the best shakes EVER!

IMG_6713 f

The kids also finished swim lessons this week.

IMG_6734 f

Samuel was getting pretty good at floating on his back.

I finally convinced Chuck to let us get an above ground swimming pool. He didn’t want to buy one because they look pretty “redneck”. Granted they are tacky, but I’m sure the kids will love it. He’s getting the ground leveled and hopefully we will be able to set it up this week sometime.

0 comments: