Sunday, June 19, 2011

“Redneck” Pool & Other Happenings

IMG_6796 f

Chuck got the above ground pool set up in the backyard. The kids are loving it!

IMG_6804 f

Samuel and Bella have all types of races across the pool and spend awhile swimming each day. It’s fun to hear their conversations while their playing in the pool. Isaac was doing great in the pool until he tipped over in the tube and got water up his nose. Now he will occasionally get in. He likes to stand on the ladder and watch the other kids because he doesn’t like them to splash him.

IMG_6812 f

The pool may be a little “redneck”, but I think it’s fun and fabulous!

IMG_6821 f

Our experiments were a little safer this week – no matches, just magnets. We taped magnetos on top of match box cars and had races using the repulsion power of magnets. We’re trying our hand a chemistry this week.

IMG_7097 f

We frequently pass the splash park and the kids ask every time we drive by when we’re going to go. We finally made it this week. Isaac, after much negotiating, eventually got brave enough with the help of Samuel and Bella to walk into the middle and get a little wet. After Jenna finished every ounce of snack we had, she ventured into the water and loved it.

IMG_6839 f 

Bella and I went to help Trina pack and clean since she’s moving tomorrow. I can’t believe our bad luck. We had only been there about an hour when Kambree started complaining that her belly hurt. Next thing we know she’s throwing up all over the carpet. Honestly, I wanted to run from the house screaming! We just can’t come down with another bout of stomach bug! After too much experience this winter, I happen to know it usually has a two day incubation period. So I’m praying Bella makes it through tomorrow without incident.

I cleaned all of the kitchen cupboards in my sister’s house and I was amazed at how clean they were. She is very tidy, but I could hardly find a speck of dirt. I know the same could not be said about my kitchen cupboards! I try really hard to keep things neat, but sometimes I swear I have tornadoes on my heels. So imagine my excitement when I got home last night and Samuel had a great idea to make this sign and had Chuck hang it above the basement door. It says, “Clean up after you play in the basement” and the picture is of someone playing with the big blocks and then putting them away in the bucket. The basement is solely the kids toy room and I just tend to close my eyes when I walk by because it’s always a mess. We do a good cleaning whenever the kids decide they can’t play down there anymore because the Legos are too deep. It actually really bugs me that I can’t seem to find a good system for keeping it organized. But we’re trying yet another idea and hopefully this time we can keep it at least somewhat under control. I guess that’s the beauty of a basement toy room – it can be a mess and I can shut the door and pretend it’s not there!

0 comments: