Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wonderful & Not so Great News


First the Wonderful News - My mom had surgery to remove cancer from her kidney 3 months ago and we have all had to wait for the past 4 months to see if the procedure was successful. Well, yesterday she went in for her appointment and the doctor said the cancer was gone!!!! We are so thankful for good doctors, modern technologies and answers to prayers!


Then the not so great news. I had another doctors appointment yesterday and my blood pressure is still high. The doctor told me I needed to be spending several hours a day with my feet up and resting. I started to laugh when he told me this. I reminded him that I had 3 kids at home and the oldest was 4 - it's pretty hard to kick my feet up for hours each day. He then very seriously told me I needed to get help because if I didn't get my blood pressure under control he was going to have to take this baby. Another bad thing is if he has to take it early I will end up having another c-section which I want to try and avoid if at all possible at this point. So I came home worried and then called the Grandma's. Sometimes it's hard not having family live close, but at least they are within driving distance when we need them. So I am thankful that Chuck's mom and my mom are taking turns helping me out for the next couple of weeks and praying that everything works out!

Now I just have to not worry that all my projects are not going to be completed by the time the baby gets here. At least I can steal Chuck's laptop so I can do a few things while I kick the legs up in my chair.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

See there is a positive, you get to hang out and finish any computer projects :) Just let me know how I can help, Sam is welcome to come play any day (unless Stock is in school, then Sam would just be bored) But seriously call me for anything. When is your actual due date?

Kristin said...

Im so sorry!

fourballerinas said...

Great picture of your mom and dad! Your mom said that it was her obituary picture- HA! I laughed at that. Sorry you're down for the rest of the time- just relax because #4 is a lot harder to adjust to than #3 is- well, it's been that way here.
Audrey