Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nervous Ramblings

I'm sitting in my rocking chair with my legs kicked up feeling very restless and nervous. I decided I might as well blog a little to maybe relieve some of the anxiety. Tomorrow morning is my doctor's appointment and I have been wondering for a solid week what we should do. I have yet to have a smooth delivery, each has been rough and scary all for different reasons and so I find myself dreading the unknown. As tempting as it is to think I could have this baby tomorrow, okay for me more realistically Friday, I think I've decided even if I am dilated to a 3 I may wait another week and see if I go into labor on my own. I'm so uncomfortable and ready to be done I can't believe I'm leaning that direction! I've made my list of questions for the doctor and I very easily could change my mind tomorrow morning, but for tonight I think I may wait. Chuck is coming with me to my appointment. When I'm not thinking rationally he is the voice of reason!

We have got a few things prepared just in case - I put clean sheets on the bassinet, put away the baby clothes in the drawer (I was amazed at how many 0-3 month clothes Trina and I have between the 2 of us - there's no possible way to even go through that many clothes in 3 months), I don't have bags packed, but I have started a pile of a few things. Last night Chuck and I finally sat down talked about names and made a list of a few we like - now we'll just wait and see what fits her when she arrives.

My mom's been here for the past couple of days and so she has been finishing some of the sewing projects that I was planning on getting done, but had to be put on hold with my blood pressure issue.

This is the outfit we will bring the baby home in. Kristin I got this idea from your cute sewing blog - I had extra material from a quilt that I will eventually finish and so I used a few pieces to add the flower on what was a plain pink onesie. I cut the pieces out then my mom sewed them on today. My mom also made the little blanket under the onesie today. I have several little girl blankets, but they were all either Bella's or Kambree's so now at least this little one will get one new blanket.


And yesterday my mom made the car seat blanket cover I was also going to sew. Having to take it easy sure put a damper on getting all my projects done!! A funny story about this material. I took Bella with me to pick out material for this project and she of course was pulling every bolt of pink material off the shelves. The place was pretty crowded and I could hardly keep up with her trying to maneuver around everyone with my big belly. I absolutely loved this piece of material because it had no pink in it. When Bella realized this is what we were getting she went into melt down mode right there in the fabric store. At one point she was on the ground loudly crying that she and the baby didn't like brown they only liked pink. She was creating quite the scene there in the tight Lazy Daisy Cottage. But I got my piece of fabric with no pink and I LOVE it!

This is the quilt that I will eventually make for the baby. I have a lot of it cut out and my mom said she would finish it for me, but I have made each of the other kids their own quilt and so for some crazy reason I feel I need to do this on my own. But it's going to have to wait for awhile!




On Saturday my "birthing" present to myself arrived - a new lens for my camera. I figure after giving birth to 4 kids in under 5 years I deserve a little celebration present. So I haven't taken any pictures with the new lens, but I had Chuck take a few with the kids and I and I think I'm really going to love how sharp it is.


I'm not going to miss this big belly, but it sure has been fun to see the kids react to it. Bella is constantly giving my belly kisses and last night she brought me a blanket and wrapped it around my belly saying it was for the baby since she was sleeping. Samuel is always putting his hands on my belly asking if she is awake, hoping to feel her move. And Isaac just likes to point and say baby.

This picture almost brings tears to my eyes every time I look at it. It's sad for me to think that Isaac will no longer be my baby. Granted he has been the baby for longer than any of the other kids, but at 21 months it's hard to believe that he will soon be a big brother.
How I love each of these precious kids and can't wait (okay maybe I can wait another week!) for another baby to join our family!

6 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

You will know what you need to do after you talk to the doctor:) And I love the onsie and car seat cover. Dang cute.

Kristin said...

Wow..someone actually reads my blog ;-) I feel for you it's so tempting to what to just be done and have the baby, yet no one wants to be induced (at least I dont, i like to let my body just do it) I've been thinking a lot about you. Do you need someone to take your kiddos so the moms can be at the hospital? Let me know if I can do ANYTHING!!!!

Kristin said...

...and if you need something else to do, instead of having a baby ;-) you could always get pictures of you taken for the hospital ;-) You really are one of the cutest pregnant ladies EVER! You may say your not going to miss the belly, but you will. It represents this period of your life!

Valerie said...

I am so excited for you that it is getting so close. I love her onsie and blanket you've made (making). So fun!

Linz said...

My prayers are with you! Good luck with everything and I am so excited to see you new little princess!

Kristin said...

.....so?

baby? waiting? whats the update?