
Chuck ran the Painter's Half Marathon this weekend and we went to cheer him on at the finish line. Everyone started out with smiles, but they quickly disappeared as the kids began to get cold as we waited. Samuel was whining about it taking too long for daddy to come, Bella decided she needed to go to the bathroom right now, and Isaac just wanted out of the stroller. I didn't feel so great myself. On the walk from the car to the finish line I had several contractions and was totally out of breath by the time we got there. Oh I can't wait to be able to move again! Luckily Grandma was there to help!

Finally I spotted him and boy did he look tired! He has managed to keep running a few times a week all winter, but hasn't really been able to train very well because of the craziness in our life right now. I remember when he ran the Gunlock half marathon - his personal best time and coming across the finish line he looked like it had been a breeze. He did manage to finish this race in just over 2 hours with a time of 2:02:08.
We were screaming for him, but as usual he didn't see us. It was really cute because as Chuck ran by Samuel said, "He did awesome!". Samuel really wants to run a race with his daddy some day.
Proud of our daddy!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Chuck's Half Marathon Run
Posted by amber at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Way to go CHUCK! Amber I can't believe you went out and waited especially having contractions! Oh and I had to laugh at Sam saying he was going to starve becuase you forgot to eat a snack, that kid is funny!
Good job Chuck!! That was a fun race! I wish we would have seen you there!! Way to go!!!
Good Job CHuck. When I first opened the blog and saw that picture at the beginning- I thought it was Chuck with a wig on. Funny how much he looks like his mom. So nice that she was able to come help you. We are praying for you and look forward to your news.
Audrey
Post a Comment