Friday, January 22, 2010

Baby Update

I had another doctors appointment on Thursday morning. Chuck's mom has been here for a week helping take care of the kids, cooking us dinner and picking up the house so I could take it easy and hopefully get my blood pressure down. (It has been wonderful having so much help!!)

When they checked my blood pressure it had dropped by 20 points on the top and 10 points on the bottom, but was still in the high category. I did not realize how high it had been because they didn't tell me, no wonder the doctor was concerned. But the craziest thing was I had LOST 2 pounds! Yes, I actually lost weight this past week. I have NEVER lost weight when pregnant, but the doctor thought it was great because I had been swelling quite a bit. He was also happy that my blood pressure had decreased. Then he checked me and I was actually dilated to a 2+. With my other kids I have never dilated this early. I have been having pretty steady contractions for a couple of weeks so I guess my body is getting ready.

So the big news is the doctor said if I was dilated to a 3 at my doctors appointment next week he will strip my membranes if I want him to. I have mixed emotions about this so I'm not sure what we will decide to do, but we MAY have our little girl here by next weekend we'll just have to wait and see what the next week brings.


My sister is also pregnant and really wanted to get a few pictures of us together. I was not very excited about this because I am HUGE and she still looks so small. But she kept bugging me because it will be the last time we are pregnant together since this is our last baby. I finally gave in and had Chuck take a few pictures of us. I knew I was big, but when I saw the pictures I was even a little surprised at how large I look! But I'm almost done!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Amber you don't look big, seriously you and your sis look so cute! And that is great you are dilated already, woo hoo! I didn't know if you were bringing Sam over yesterday, then I got busy and forgot to call you, but let me know if you want him to come over next Friday.

fourballerinas said...

Now you know how I felt at the cabin- not wanting my picture taken when I feel like a whale- however, I was that big when I was six months and you are almost done. You don't look big at all- you only poke out a little more than you do on top. Glad all the rest is helping. Why do you have mixed feeling? Don't you want to be done with it? Hope it all goes well. Let us know. We can't wait to see her and know her name. She will be a beauty- all your kids are. Hope that labor goes well- you've had some hard ones.
Audrey

Trina and Wes said...

You are not much bigger than me! This could be scary. And thanks for doing it! I am sad this is our last time prego together:(