Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Photobucket
Today was Samuel's first day of preschool. I debated for months if I should even send him to preschool because we've been doing our own little "learning time" every week day since Samuel was about 18 months old. I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to send him for the social aspect if nothing else and continue to do my own teaching at home with him each day. (Deep down I think I would really like to homeschool because I love teaching and seeing each of the kids really learn, but then I think to myself "are you crazy!") And good thing this was my standard because when he got done today I asked him what his favorite part of preschool was and his reply - snacks! Then when we got home Chuck was here for lunch and Samuel ran in and said, "Dad, let me tell you about my day. We had fruit snacks, cheese crackers and water."

And this morning when I dropped him off it wasn't quite the feeling or scene I had pictured. I had to leave the other two in the car and Isaac was not happy so I quickly ran in, gave the teacher my check and turned around to see Samuel was already off playing. I was in such a hurry to get back to the crying baby I didn't even get a chance to hug him good bye and he obviously didn't care that I was leaving him. So in the end it wasn't hard for either of us and I think Bella really enjoyed being in charge while Samuel was away for a couple of hours.

It makes me laugh to see Samuel with his backpack because it's almost as big as he is and this is even a size smaller than I originally bought. But he sure does look cute!

4 comments:

Linz said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting!!

Sleepless In St. George said...

He did great! He paid attention, did speak at inappropriate times and had fun! That was the exact snack they had! He mentioned you were making him a knight costume for halloween!?

Valerie said...

How fun, I bet he will love school. I wish our boys were going to the same place though. We need to get them together again :)

fourballerinas said...

You're right, he sure does look cute. And you're right- I don't know if they learn anything else in preschool than to socialize with other adults and kids their age and realize there is life outside your own house. But that is SOOOO good for them and even better for siblings to realize they are their own person too. It will be as good for Samuel as it will be for Bella! Kindergarten- here we come!
Audrey