Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Catching Up on Summer - Fish Lake


Every year since I was young my family has gone to Fish Lake as part of my dad's vacation. I have many fond memories of excursions here and now my kids are getting to make their own fun memories. I love having family traditions!

Unfortunately on the drive there I started to feel a little bit of a sore throat coming on. I was already feeling sick from being pregnant so this didn't help matters. Well by that first night I was MISERABLE! I came down with a horrible cold - fever, cough, stuffy nose and then the pregnancy nausea and throwing up on top of it. So this is how I spent the majority of our 6 day trip - on the couch feeling YUCKY! When we got home from our trip I still had the cough and it lasted another 4 weeks. This is why I had a slight break down the day after we got home wondering how I was going to survive that first trimester trying to take care of myself and 3 young ones. Thanks to wonderful family who when I called crying and very overwhelmed came to my rescue and helped me survive the month of July by helping with the kids!


The cold I had spread like crazy and everyone, but Chuck, ended up with some symptons. Isaac got really sick, but the other kids only had stuffy noses. Samuel told me I just needed to have Grandma buy me a popsicle because that's what made him get better so fast.

And what trip would be complete without Grandma bringing along Dollar Store presents for the kids so they would have something to play with in the cabin. Everytime Grandma calls Samuel asks her when she is coming to our house so she can take him to the Dollar Store.

It was Chuck's birthday while we were staying at the cabin and the poor guy ended up having to make his own cake because he was the only one by the end of the week who wasn't sick.

Samuel loves to "help" Grandpa drive his boat.

I actually did go on one quick boat ride however it didn't take very long for me to start feeling nauseated from the rocking motion.

Grandma with the babies. They were pretty good about wearing the lifejackets even though they looked so uncomfortable and Isaac could hardly walk around with his on.

One afternoon the weather was really crazy and it hailed. The kids were loving the "snow" and had a great time getting wet and throwing "snowballs".

Bella fishing with Grandpa. She enjoyed the boat much more this year.

Samuel with a super tiny fish Chuck caught fishing from the shore. I'm not even sure how it bit the hook!

Samuel loved fishing with Grandpa who always lets the kids reel in the fish.

The kids loved going out catching bugs and putting them in their little bug homes Grandma got them at the Dollar Store.

Other favorite activities included blowing bubbles and feeding the potguts that are all over by the cabins bread.

0 comments: