
This was the invitation I put together for Bella's 2nd birthday. Sunday afternoon we had another celebration - this makes number 3. Maybe next year we'll try and consolidate a little better. Aunt Trina, Wes and Kambree along with friends Janice, Mike and family came for a bar-b-que, presents and cake.
Since the theme was a Nursery Rhyme party I made a Little Bo Peep cake. I was up late Saturday night finishing it. These things always look better when I visualize them then when they're actually made!

Opening presents again.
Blowing out the candles. Good thing the sheep didn't catch on fire!
It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but the doll portion of the cake was actually one of my mixing bowls that I frosted and hot glued the doll body to. The idea was totally an accident as I was talking to Trina about what I was planning on doing and she said, you're going to make the body out of a bowl? That's not what I had been telling her, but I thought hey that's a great idea!
So the kids liked licking all the frosting off from the bowl better than eating the cake. In fact, Bella and Samuel didn't even try a piece of cake.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Another Bday Celebration for Bella
Posted by amber at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love the little party ideas you come up with for your kids. Kennadee would love to play with that little kitchen. Happy Birthday Bella.
You are such a fun and creative mommy! Happy Birthday Bella. We love you little miss Bella!
cute cake. happy birthday Bella!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. Cute theme. You going to have to outdo yourself every year and the parties are already great! Good luck with the play kitchen. That looks fun but I know what you mean about how things like that can create tension between siblings.
Post a Comment