Our little Firecracker turned 18 months this week – hard to believe!
Upon turning 18 months, Jenna has now reached the milestone all church going parents long for – Nursery. Yes, today was Jenna’s first day of nursery. I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel sending my last baby to nursery. Honestly, I thought there was absolutely not a chance she would actually stay without throwing such a gigantic fit they would be frantically searching the halls begging us to take her back. But to our utter shock and amazement she actually stayed the entire time! When we picked both Isaac and Jenna up from nursery after church the first thing Isaac said was, “Bebe (that’s what he calls her) didn’t cry!”.
When I first entered the nursery doors, Jenna was fiercely clinging to me. I sat down by her and pulled out a few toys. Then I asked Isaac if he would take care of Jenna. These two have a love hate relationship right now, but Isaac was more than willing to try and help. As usual, there were already a few kids crying and so Jenna was distracted trying to figure out what this place was all about. I quietly snuck out the door and waited in the hallway for the screams I just knew would follow as soon as she realized I had gone. A few minutes later I did hear her crying, but just for a minute. Her cries were muffled by the little guy screaming and pounding at the door for his parents. I kept looking through the little peep hole, but couldn’t see her. I figured one of the nursery leaders must be holding her because she loves to be held. And sure enough one of the nursery leaders held her the entire time, except during snack. After church I told Chuck I felt bad because our nursery leaders are super sweet, but they are both older and I know it can be tiring to hold a baby for that long especially when you have other kids that also need help. Chuck then laughed and said, “You feel bad for them, she’s like that every day, you should feel bad for us!”.
So we’ll see how the following weeks go. I think next week will be harder because she will now know I’m going to leave her. We have late church which makes it difficult for the little ones because it’s right during nap time. I was able to get Jenna a little nap before we went to church so I think that’s another reason it worked this week. Chuck’s not ready to celebrate yet because he’s the one who will be attending nursery instead of taking her home for a nap until she decides it’s not such a bad place.
We sure do love this baby of ours – screams and all!


3 comments:
Good for Jenna. Chuck's comment had me rolling. So funny! We have "older" nursery leaders too. Somehow they survive. Ava is doing good now in nursery. Love the pictures of Jenna. Where did you take them at?
i love those pictures Amber! She looks so sweet!
Love the crying pic! classic!
Post a Comment