Sunday, August 21, 2011

Other Weekly Happenings

Bella got her first pair of ballet shoes and took her first dance class this week!

As I sat and watched her during class, I had the biggest smile on my face the entire time. It was just too cute to see her leap, twirl and spin around on her tiptoes with such gusto. It also reminded me of my ballet dancing days and I felt like jumping up and joining her, except for the fact that I’d probably tear a muscle if I tried to leap or twirl these days.

IMG_9435-1 

When Chuck got home from work, Bella turned on the music and wanted to show him all the new dance moves she’d learned in class. Isaac was cracking us up because he kept saying, “Boys dance with girls” and was insisting that Bella or Jenna dance with him. Jenna finally gave in and twirled around the front room with him. Bella was happy as could be to have Chuck as her dance partner. Samuel wanted nothing to do with this dance fest and I was just the happy photographer/video mom.

IMG_9429-1

IMG_9455_filtered-1

After ballet class, Bella takes a gymnastics class from the same teacher. The class was getting ready to start and on a whim I asked Isaac if he wanted to try the class. He flashed the biggest smile and excitedly nodded yes. I asked the teacher if he join them and she happily agreed. I then left with Jenna thinking he would do better if I wasn’t watching. I returned after class and the teacher said he got a little pouty lip when I walked out, but he quickly recovered and did really well paying attention and participating. He was so excited when I picked him up to tell me all about his class. This little guy spends lots of time each week watching karate, gymnastics, music and now dance class. I think he was overjoyed to finally be able to participate in something himself!

IMG_9436-1

Chuck’s sister Julie and cousins Maddie and Lacey stayed with us a few days this week. Jenna, who is pretty hard to win over, loved Maddie. It was so fun to stay up late visiting and my kids loved having their cousins play with them. Maddie and Lacey both have such beautiful red hair, I hope baby Jenna keeps her red hair!

IMG_9445-1

As soon as Julie and family left, Trina and her kids arrived to spend a few days. The kids spent HOURS in the pool. This little redneck pool has proved to be a big hit in our house. Bella has turned into a little mermaid (she doesn’t like when I call her a fish).

0 comments: