Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh The Smell

The past month or so I've been trying to figure out why the faster and more productive I try to make myself the more behind I seem to get. I can be moving all day long and at the end of the day look back and wonder what actually got completed today! I've been trying to get my Christmas cards addressed for a week, the past few photo sessions I've done it's taken me a couple of weeks to get them edited and forget about actually trying to post any of them. This season of life is fun and crazy and I wouldn't trade these days for anything, but most of what I do every day can't be marked off a to do list. Then today it dawned on me that this little guy has been slowing my productivity down greatly! Good thing he's so cute because some days I swear he may be the death of me.





And I need to write this story down about Isaac.
A few days ago I had cleaned the bathrooms and then later I couldn't figure out why the guest bathroom smelled like pee. Every time I went in I was trying to determine where the source of the smell was coming from. I asked Isaac if he'd peed on the wall because ocassionally he does that. (There's got to be a special place for mom's who potty train little boys!) He assured me he hadn't and I couldn't see any spots on the wall. The next day the smell was even worse and that night when I got in the shower it was really strong. The next day I mentioned to Chuck that the bathroom just stunk and I thought the shower smelled like pee. He then told me he had caught Isaac standing at the entrance to the walk in shower just having a great time peeing on the walls of the shower! Who knows how many times he had tried this trick. And this is why I can't get anything done - everyone is undoing everything I do!!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I feel like that so many times, everyone undoes the things I DO! And I had to laugh and shed a tear, becuase YES there has to be a special place for Mom's who potty train. All I can do is just shake my head ha ha ha. I always think you do such a great job with your kids though, you are the BEST mom ;)

fourballerinas said...

I wonder the same thing everyday. "What in the world have I accomplished today?" We've had the "why does it stick so bad like pee in here" too, but ours isn't on the walls of the shower, it's on the bath rug. Ava gets a kick out of peeing on the rug when I turn on the bathtub. She looks down at it like she's being funny. funny story! CUTE kid!!