Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Joys of December


I LOVE December weather when it's gorgeous like this! How lucky am I to be living in such a beautiful place! What's better than being surrounded by natural beauty and watching your kids run and play. When we built our home I wondered if I would ever look out my window and take for granted the stunning vista that is mine to behold each day. I can honestly say that each morning as I pull up the blinds I'm still amazed at what I see. (I'm dreading the day when we actually have someone build next to us).

Other Things I Love about December:

The Christmas tree again is fun entertainment for the kids. Isaac especially is finding great joy in disassembling the tree on a daily basis. Just look at this cow perched in the tree. How crazy that it would land on this decoration and stay there. The other day he was whacking decorations off with the swimming noodle we fashioned into a light saber.



Instead of the traditional gingerbread house we did a gingerbread choo choo train. Isaac was especially thrilled. It was pretty sorry looking even though Chuck the master builder put it together. The kids were extra excited about dad decorating their hands with frosting and treats.

And we had to make our yearly Christmas stockings. Aren't they adorable. Samuel took the building of his snowman very seriously this year. He wanted to make sure everything looked exactly right. Bella's had to have plenty of bows and purple eyebrows. And Isaac, the kids were just laughing that the eyes didn't make it on the face. He was having such a great time just adding pieces here and there. Then he realized his didn't look like a snowman like the other kids and got pretty upset. He actually ripped off the hat and was trying to tear off other parts as well.

We still have a few other fun activities planned before Christmas. And I can't wait for Samuel to be out of school for a couple of weeks!

0 comments: